Sunday, July 25, 2010

House Mountain Inn

When you're running late to a wedding, have sweat droplets up the whazoo, and have a hair flower to show off, what do you do?  Demand your equally sweaty, late husband take pictures of you hanging off the golf cart transportation, of course!  In my head, this pictures was much cuter, something out of a Bing Crosby 40s musical with me regally holding on to the cart with one hand while looking fresh and expectant.  I'll blame this one on the fact that Mr. Palindrome was only about 12" away from me on the cart.


We were running late because we had driven to Lexington, VA that very afternoon and needed to stop at our hotel to change prior to the wedding.  Then we needed to drive from the hotel to the House Mountain Inn for the wedding itself.  The drive was oh-so-worth-it, if for no other reason than the breathtaking views of the blue ridge mountains.



I considered a purpose or theme for this post, but I really just wanted an excuse to show off my cute hair flower that I bought on impulse as I was shopping for groceries at Target, brag on my handsome husband, and give a quick nod to the House Mountain Inn as a lovely wedding location.  Done, done and done.


And for a funny, I'll give you three guesses as to what I was trying draw with my sparkler (and yes, this is the best picture of my 5 tries).

1 comment:

BigAppleNosh said...

Hmmm, was it a heart you were trying to draw?