Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Check it.


Source
I am a list maker and planner extraordinaire. You know, one of those neurotic ones that add things to my do list that I’ve already done – just so I get the satisfaction of placing the check mark beside it. It’s sad, call the hotline for me.

However, it kinda comes in handy when you’re planning and coordinating a wedding. But wait, you say, “Didn’t you hire someone to do that?” Yepperoo, I did. But Miss P CAN’T HANDLE my checklists (Anyone a Pioneer Woman reader???).

I’m sure that Miss P will handle plenty of lists, but I’ve also opted to handle a few details myself. Therefore, I’ve made some of my own lists. Here are some items on my DIY list:

- Ask the Future Mr. Palindrome what he thinks of the mock up bouts I made
- Take pictures of the two pairs of shoes I have and blog about them
- Iron the material for the bridesmaid bouquets
- Buy a pillar candle and two tapers from the dollar store

Another kind of list that Miss P won’t be handling is my overall LIFE list. Here’s a sample of that:

- Graduate
- Find 6 month lease in VA
- Buy house in NC
- Move to new apt. in VA
- Move most stuff to house in NC
- Plan Wedding
- Get Married
- Go on honeymoon
- Don’t go crazy
- Live happily ever after
- Convince the future Mr. Palindrome we need a puppy

See why I need a lists?????? I’ve got a crapola lot of stuff of which to keep track. I’m especially putting a lot of effort into the last item on the life list. The future Mr. Palindrome would probably answer that with: “You CAN’T HANDLE the poop!” That is, if he read Pioneer Woman. But he doesn’t, and he wouldn’t – the bovine medical procedures that she often features . . . well let’s just say, he CAN’T HANDLE the cow guts!

I know that a lot of people use some sort of technology to keep track of their tasks, but is anyone old fashioned like me? Do you have pen and paper variety lists?

No comments: