Sunday, November 22, 2009

On Your Hand or on its Stand!

 My dad used to always tell me, "On your face or in the case!"  I suppose you have to start drilling it in after the 4th or 5th pair of lost/crushed spectacles during the 4th grade.  Turns out, the same idea really applies to rings.  It took me a minute to figure out another rhyme for the ring concept, because it had to rhyme in order to make my life complete today.  If you're going to apply the "On your hand or on its stand" wisdom to your rings, there's no need to be stodgy about it.  I have a darling stand from Providence Art Glass . I had been wanting to buy one, long before I was engaged, and my bling was the perfect excuse to indulge. Motherdrome and Fatherdrome decided to surprise me with it at my shower. I loved it so much that I immediately ordered it for two other friends who were also recently engaged.

This red version is the actual piece I own.

I purchased this fun one for a friend getting married this June.


And this blue beauty I specifically ordered for Palindromaid of Honor E to compliment her gorgeous engagement ring bejeweled with sapphire side stones.


Above photos sourced from Providence Art Glass's Etsy Shop


Photo courtesy of Palindromaid Maid of Honor E.
And here's mine in action with our wedding rings (more to come on those soon!)

Do you have a special place that you keep your rings when you take them off?  Have you ever had to learn the hard way to keep your rings in a safe place?

1 comment:

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

That is such a great idea. I take my ring off every night at bed time cuz I don't want the stone snagging on pillows or sheets. I usually put in a box in my dresser drawer but I may need to ask for this at my shower, too so I can set the little pretty on my night stand to slip on each night :) Great idea!