Saturday, September 12, 2009

I was so excited, I almost died

I say the title of this post a lot.  I don't think it's ever been literally true.  For the woman below, it almost was:


My home town news brought me this story of a woman who excitedly accepted a proposal and then promptly fell into a gorge.  You can't make this stuff up.

I sent it to my mom to see if we knew the couple and she emailed me back:

I saw footage of this on Fox News. Very glad that Jason proposed on the ski slopes and not beside the rapids. :)


Mom

I love her response for two reasons.  1. She saw it on Fox News, not our local station.  She probably caught it right before the Sean Hannity show.  2. I think she might have thought the ski slopes were safer than the rapids, but I had the exact opposite thought:  "Holy Moly!  I could have fallen down the mountain and had this woman's story!"  Well, maybe not on the bunny slope.  But still.
 
Anybody else have a dangerous or potentially dangerous proposal?  Were you so excited you almost died????

4 comments:

Palindromaid A said...

I'm a terrible bridesmaid/friend: I heard your proposal story and thought it was risky to have a loose diamond on the slopes ... I never even considered the bride's safety!

melinda said...

Hahahahahaha! I was worried about the ring too! The future Mr. Palindrome didn't care, "It's insured!"

Palindromaid A said...

Haha, ever the pragmatist!

April Lee said...

Holy crap! That's so nuts! Love your mom's response!