Friday, March 13, 2009

Just like a Frat Party

Did you ever go to a fraternity party where the theme was something like Golf Pros and Tennis Gals* (*that not quite appropriate word for women)? CEOs and secretaries? Romans and Goddesses?


Sometimes, I feel like a wedding is just a big theme party. In all of my online puttering about, I’ve seen some fabulous and some not so fabulous themes.

Some themes are all out:


Source

I was thinking of one in particular where the theme was Victorian magicians - there were parlour tricks, and everything was beautifully dark and twisty and elegant - all at the same time! I thought I had seen it on Once Wed or Snippet & Ink, but now I can't find it. Anyone remember this one and can refresh our memories?

Some themes are gorgeously subtle:


Source

Deciding on my theme was difficult. Before we were engaged, I was telling the future Mr. Palindrome that it would be so fun to have a football theme wedding, with my beloved Redskins and his beloved Giants taking each other head on in a story that ends in romance. I pictured it all!

The Redskins Garter:

Source

The football helmet Groom’s cake:


Source

Table number Jerseys of our favorite players:


Source

We could even have the reception during a big game!

Mr. Palindrome thought this was the cheesiest idea I’ve ever had.

In the end, I’m happy with the subtle Victorian verging on Deco vintage theme that I chose. But if anyone has a football theme wedding, will you invite me?

1 comment:

melinda said...

Just testing the comments section - I think I fixed these :)