Thursday, March 5, 2009

Palette?

I recently saw on Wedding Bee a post about palettes. I have been trying to convince myself that a certain palette was the way to go and was about to take an outing to Home Depot to bring some paint chips together. But COLOUR lovers saved me the trip. COLOUR lovers website allows you to customize palettes and patterns. Even if you're done planning a wedding, it's great for decorating and for fashion.

I found it a bit difficult to navigate at first. You have to have the most recent Internet Explorer version (available here) and you have to register in order to save your palette. After the initial set up, the fun began. The palettes and patterns that other users have created are all visible - which is great for inspiration. Check out these lovelies!

love_is_all_you_need
Color by COLOURlovers

Braakaan
Color by COLOURlovers

See what I mean? Nice for your wedding, nice for a pillow on your couch.

This is the palette I created for my wedding. I know! It's super boring, but very vintage chic neutral.

Vintage_Chic_Wedding
Color by COLOURlovers

I think that this palette will work in almost any space, but will work especially well with my vintage idea. Narrowing the color palette is so important, otherwise I would just run myself silly with different color combos.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Those colors are so you. I like them a lot!