Monday, June 15, 2009

China

The title may be ironic as the China that I have chosen is not actually manufactured in China but instead in Indonesia or the very vague Near East (according to Wikipedia). Is it ironic? Is Alanis Morissette ironic? Should I be looking things up on Wikipedia and taking them as truth? Is it ethical to buy China that is manufactured in Indonesia? Is caning in Indonesia ethical? Discuss. JK, please do not bring my blog down with real world problems. This is a tulle filled wedding people!

Anychina, in our dating relationship, Jason and I had discussed fond memories of large family gatherings that revolved around food. And that food was served on China. My mom has a set of Christmas china and it gives me the warm and fuzzies when it becomes time to dust it off and serve heaps of turkey and cranberry dressing on it.

I have done an admittedly halfhearted job at searching for China patterns that I like. I was pretty sure I wanted some, but in all my "crazy girl" wedding phases, I never actually picked out a pattern before. Basically, I clicked through each of the patterns that Macy's carries and sent the future Mr. Palindrome an email with my top three.


The lovely Martha Stewart "Garden Moss" for Wedgewood


The classic Noritake "Crestwood Cobalt Platinum"


or the ever proper Royal Doulton "Countess"

(All china and images from www.macys.com)

The future Mr. Palindrome preferred the last two choices . . . I think there's a weird connection to him being a boy and preferring the blue choices . . .

I preferred two of them myself. Which ones do you think I liked best? Which ones do you think I've decided to register for?

3 comments:

Allison said...

I love the third one!

Unknown said...

I like the 2nd one... but I'm partial to cobalt :o)

Christine said...

The third one...it was on my short list too! Blue is such a versatile color as well! :)