Friday, June 5, 2009

Stalled

Read this first.

Now you know what I'm talking about. It's all about the context people!

I am in between Phase 5 and 6 on my handmade fabric bridesmaid pomanders and bouts. I was so psyched when I was buying the materials. I committed and began to tie them together, cut the fabric and test swatches on my machine. Then they weren't going as quickly as I thought and I ran out of the little flower that I liked.

With graduations and family vacation, I just flat out stalled on the project. I had no motivation. The wedding is so far away. I don't even have a venue. Why bother????

However, since I made about twice as many flowers for the pomander, and finished 5 bouts, I am starting to believe in the project again!




In the next month or so, I hope to have bought a house, made two moves, and finished working at a client site that is tripling my current commute. That's my discalimer sentence so that when I promise that I'll have DIY posts up soon on how to create the fabric flowers and the bouts, that you'll forgive my inevitable tardiness.

1 comment:

emily said...

The bouquets are really cute - I admire your patience and perseverance!