Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My New and Improved Look

As many of you know, I'm also blogging over at Weddingbee as Miss Lamb.  Since I donned the Lamb moniker, I've felt more and more of a connection to my alter ego.  I've already hinted at the changes for my wedding day look (here and here) and I'm finally ready to reveal it.  Before I do (hehehehe, there's a double meaning in that!), I want to show you what I would wear if I was having my wedding on a sheep farm: Louise Fairburn made her gown from her very own lambs' wool!


Sourced from The Daily Mail article cited above

Ok, now for the real deal.  I am aiming for a classic look with a 1940's movie star twist.  Starting at the top of my head, I'll be blinging out with vintage earrings.  I want big, retro curls and bright red lips.  And what would red lips be without cute, short red nails too?  I figure a little pop of color on the tips of the fingers will work nicely for some fun ring shots.  Instead of a faux fur wrap, I'll be fending off Old Man Winter with my bright red wool coat, similar to the one pictured (and a slightly less obvious nod to my Lamb roots!).  The bod will be sporting my lovely Detalle and a chapel length veil that I made.  Here's my inspiration board:



Top to Bottom, L-R:
Vintage Earrings from Fincara
Short nails painted red modeled by Taylor Swift
Old Hollywood Hair modeled by Isla Fisher
1960's Style Red Wool Coat
Geneva by Romantic Soles (how appropriate!)
Detalle by Pronovias
Chapel length veil at Encore Bridal

I didn't set out to add red to my look, but with all of the neutrals in the wedding, I think it'll be perfect! I'm so psyched to do an after picture for you all to see if I can nail this look!

Are you changing your look at the last minute?  Are there any parts of your look that you're questioning?

No comments: