Monday, May 4, 2009

Inspirational Vintage Sessions

Since I was in elementary school, I've been drawn to the first half of the 20th century. I liked that part of history best, I wrote papers about swing dancing, I researched the likes of Amelia Earhart and Nelly Blye, and I memorized poetry by Ezra Pound and T. S. Eliot. Sometime I think that I was born in the wrong era, or that I have an "old soul."

I think these leanings have had a huge influence on my wedding planning. It should come as no surprise then that I follow the Vintage Glam Wedding Blog. Recently, there has been a spate of wonderfully vintage e-session photography.

Check out this amazing WWII (and Casablanca!) feeling session from Dustin Todd:


Or what about this one by Jen Stewart Photography?


I've also been blog stalking a girl that I knew growing up (down the street from me actually!). Lydia Jane Photography has got a more mod or 70's feel to her portfolio. Seriously, doesn't it remind you of Super 8 film???



Which photographers do you think have a vintage aesthetic? Are you looking for a photographer to impart a vintage feel? Or are you going more modern?

1 comment:

Christine said...

If I had had the foresight to get photos like this, I totally would have. Or I love this idea for a trash-the-dress. Totally fab! Dear Mr. Vintage photog, please make me look like Betty Draper.