Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Venue Crossroads

I must have jinxed it . . .

When I tell you the story, you won't believe it. I feel as though I'm in a wedding version of Groundhog's Day. Every morning I wake up and we're no closer to booking a venue.

The long and short of it is that we were in negotiations to secure room openings at the Cavalier on the Hill. Not only did they decline the deal, they rescinded their original offer to open the rooms in the old building at all.

Now you answer me this - would you continue to discuss options with them? or would you just call it a day and find another venue even though you're sick and tired of venue shopping?

I think I'm set on having the ceremony at our church, but now may also consider the Harrison Opera House

Source
and the Chrysler Museum

Source
as possible reception locations.

No comments: