Friday, May 1, 2009

To be a summer bride . . .

99% of the time I'm quite happy to be a winter bride. Otherwise, I wouldn't be getting married on a palindrome and I'd be fighting the other 100 billion brides for florists in June.

But 1% of the time, I see shoes like these and wish, and sigh. Oh, to be a summer bride . . .

Avignon silk peep toes
J. Crew Sale $179.99

For a daring bridal shoe or fabulous rehearsal dinner shoes

Clara satin espadrilles
J. Crew Sale $79.99

Bridesmaids shoes - wouldn't these be adorable for a beach wedding with the groomsmen wearing searsucker????

Avignon patterned peep toes
J. Crew Sale $149.99

Again, either daring bridal shoes, or awesome with a solid flowy chiffon dress for the dress rehearsal!

Metallic midheel sandals with crystal ball
J. Crew Sale $149.99

Holy moly! Picture these bad boys with a short dress! Seriously, I could tear up the dance floor with these.

Catalina jeweled printed ballet flats
J. Crew Sale $249.99

I still may call this highway robbery, but J. Crew calls it a sale. In any event, these would be awesome for a springy shower, the dress rehearsal, even a great mother of the bride shoe!

Jacquelyn patent heels
J. Crew Sale $249.99

Now these . . . if I were going to spend over 200 on a pair of shoes, these just might be worth it - and I think they could work for a winter wedding.

For you summer gals, enjoy! Are there any looks that you wish you could do, but just aren't right for your season?

1 comment:

Denise said...

While I agree with you that j.crew shoes are adorable, I think the common consensus is that they're NOT comfy. I'd hate you to have uncomfortable shoes for your wedding!