Thursday, August 6, 2009

Invitation Imagination Part 2

I received the sample invitations in the mail! As you read in the previous installment of Invitation Imagination, I liked quite a few invitation sets from eInvite.com.

The invite set that won my heart did not have the option to order a sample for $1.50. I thought that was a nice, measly price for a sample, but was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to see the exact invite I had chosen. Miss Planner, my coordinator, even called them to see if it was possible, and they said, "No." Probably as nicely as they could have said it.

My heart was set on these invites though and I saw a way around the sample. I scoured the site for an invitation that was the same paper weight and lettering type of my heart's desire. I received the sample in the mail and knew that my invitation decision was right! Take a peek at the sample below:





I was really impressed with the quality of the paper. I also realized that I couldn't tell the difference between the thermography and engraving. If they were side by side, I could probably tell the difference. Or if I'd seen hundreds of both kind. But I'm betting our guests haven't seen them side by side hundreds at a time, so I think we're okay taking the cheapy shortcut here.

I can't wait to show you what I actually chose! Did you order a sample before you bought? Did it seal the deal or break the deal?

No comments: