Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Writing your love story

I started writing letters to my soul mate before I had even gone on a date with boy. It was a silly and immature outlet that I thought was very romantic and fit with the whole mysterious writer thing I was going for my sophomore year of undergrad. The journal of letters grew to be my resting place for my first love. Then it grew again to include the story of the birth of my relationship with my future husband. I had abandoned it again when having one of those, "I don't think he's ever going to propose to me" moments. I buried the journal in my closet and thought I would write a letter after the break-up, years down the road. During my recent move, I unearthed the journal. The last entry was almost three years ago. I very certainly said that I knew I was going to marry my Navy boy.

The letters are personal and something I wouldn't want to share. But I have been inspired by those who have shared their real life love stories. If you're up for a good read (or otherwise bored at work), I highly recommend these two love stories. You'll laugh, you'll cry - it'll move you.


Sourced from the Pioneer Woman
Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, by Ree Drummond (a.k.a the Pioneer Woman)


Sourced from the Nie Nie Dialogues
The Love Story of Nie Nie, by Stephanie Nielson (not a chapter book, but an archived blog documenting a lovely couple now recovering from a plane crash - start with my link in her archives and fall in love with them)

What's your favorite love story? (of the moment or of all time?)

No comments: