Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More Bling!

Over at Wedding Bee, they're all about this lady who takes ring pictures.  Actually, she's an established and brilliant photographer who very generously wrote a tutorial that explained to boneheads like me how to take a great ring shot.  Remember this post, way back here?  Yeah, I broke all of Ann's rules. 

When I had my earrings out for their shoot, my ring got jealous and demanded that I pay her the attention she deserves.  I guess she gets it from her mother.  What I can I say, we're both just camera lushes *shrug*.

Here she is posing with an item contributing to our favorite pastime - sewing.

Look at that gorgeous afternoon light pouring in the window.  Look at the years of paint built up on the window frame.  Look at how I don't wind my thread properly and how the end bits are all willy nilly.  Oh, and look at my cathedral setting.  Good fiance!  Good boy!

Here's another ring pose with the same props to give you an idea of how I played around with each prop.

Alright, enough with the thread, you want more bouquet you say???  Alrighty then.  (Can you tell I'm in the middle of Season 4 of Sex & the City where Trey says "Alrighty then," every two seconds?  Other random aside, does it creep you out that Trey is the murdering husband on Desperate Housewives?)

What amazing diamond and feathery goodness next to a very plastic and painted stamen.  Hmmm . . . well, nobody will be looking through a macro lens at my bouquet on the wedding day.  I'll show less stamen in the next rounds of bouquet pics.  I promise!  In the meantime, how about next to a beady eyed bird?

I'm showing you this one because it's kindof a fail.  The light wasn't that great and I forgot to raise the blinds, so it's a little on the ugly side.  During post processing though, it began to grow on me.  Still, not the best one of the bunch.  No, the best one I saved for last.  It combines my two favorite things.  Can you guess what those are?

If you answered gourmet and diamonds, close but no cigar.  If you answered food and weddings, DING DING DING.  There's my beauty sitting atop the latest Bon Appetite magazine - that gorgeously roasted chicken.  Seriously, seeing that mag when I walk into the apartment makes my mouth water.  Much like seeing a gorgeous wedding, I just can't turn off the Pavlovian response.

If you've given Ann's tutorial a whirl, I'd love to see what you came up with!  Send your pics my way and they may be featured on this very blog!  Happy shooting :)  and Happy chicken eating!

No comments: